This tool allows First Nations health interveners to better understand how the various processes related to accessing health care services operate under the Non-Insured Health Benefits Program (NIHB) and other provincial services.
The Guide assembles all of the information required in order to properly understand the various health programs that are offered to First Nations.
· An explanation of the program access process;
· An explanation of the appeal process;
· All of the frameworks of the NIHB program;
· Reimbursement forms;
· Examples of letters of appeal;
· Lists of care and service providers on a provincial scale.
Target audience :
- Health directors
- Directors of social services
- Health personnel
- First-line interveners
- NNADAP interveners
- Health interveners from the provincial network